Your doctor has recommended additional precautions for the sinus area. As explained, there is a very close relationship between the upper teeth and maxillary sinus. Following removal of upper teeth or surgery on the upper jaw there is a possibility that an opening or communication between the sinus and mouth may occur. The following instructions are precautions to prevent this from occurring or to allow this area to heal. Please follow these instructions closely:
- Take your prescriptions as directed
- Do not spit for 5-7 days
- Do not smoke for 2 weeks
- Do not forcefully blow your nose for 2 weeks
- Avoid sneezing if possible; this can cause increased pressure in the sinus. If you sneeze- do so with your mouth open
- East soft foods for 5-7 days. Try to chew your food on the opposite side of your mouth
- Do not rinse vigorously for 5-7 days
Slight bleeding from the nose may be seen for up to 10 days.
If you have any questions please call us.
Denver Office: 303-758-6850
Thornton Office: 720-452-2144