Platelet Rich Plasma
What is Platelet Rich Plasma?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), has become a valuable adjunct in wound healing in dental surgery.
Platelets are colorless bodies that are present in blood. Their sticky surface lets them form clots to stop bleeding. Platelet Rich Plasma is a substance that is rich in platelets which helps your body to heal faster by producing blood clots and concentrating growth factor. To create Platelet Rich Plasma, we use 20 – 40 cc of your blood to extract a suitable quantity of platelets.
How is Platelet Rich Plasma Used?
PRP can be used for many oral and maxillofacial clinical procedures:
- Sinus Lift
- Bone Grafting
- Closure of Cleft Lip & Palate
- Repair of Bone Defects from the Removal of Small Cysts or Teeth.
- Repair of Openings between the Mouth and Sinus Cavity Caused by Disease, Injury, or Malformation.
What are the Advantages of Platelet Rich Plasma?
- There is no disease transmission because PRP is a by-product of the patient’s own blood.
- We can generate PRP easily.
- Using Platelet Rich Plasma is a way to accelerate and enhance the body’s natural wound healing mechanisms.
- Platelet Rich Plasma is cost effective because it is produced at our office in less than fifteen minutes in the PRP Centrifuge Machine, not at a hospital or blood bank.